Wednesday, November 4, 2015

"Way Better Than Doing a Work Sheet!"

We have been studying special angle pairs in my freshmen Geometry class. Yesterday I told them I LOVE puzzles and I gave them this homework.


For each angle they had to give a specific reason for the angle measure ("vertical angles with <1", etc).

When they came in this morning, they were all abuzz!  "Did you get angle 12?  yeah, but I got stuck on angle 15...." and other such snippets of conversation were overheard.

Finally one kid turned to me and said:  "This took me a long time, especially coming up with a reason for each angle, but it was cool!  I can see why you like puzzles:  they are WAY better than doing a work sheet!"

Gotta love 'em!!

1 comment:

  1. Love how all the angle pairs are woven into a large puzzle instead of in isolation. "Puzzle" also just sounds more interesting and less threatening than "math problems."

    ReplyDelete